Pages

Sunday, December 27, 2009

my holiday - dec 26, 2009

I had about over four hours transit before my next plane that will take me to Makassar. So, after having rather weird breakfast (I had spicy meatball soup!) and dim sum for take away, I went straight away to mba oz flat. We have promised to meet. She is always been the one I visit mostly whenever I am in Jakarta.
She was taking a shower when I phoned her. So I waited for 15 minutes before she opened the gate. Her room looks different. She had rearranged it. Looks good, I like it. Although still there is not much room left. And that is because her room only 3x2 meters in size where all her wealth are stucked in.
She made me a tea. I actually don’t fancy a tea. In fact, due to my rather strange illness, which I discovered when I was at Uni, I can’t take drinks or food that has caffeine in it, or I’ll have this crazy heartbeats and feeling that my body is blown away, plus a headache. But somehow, that noon, cloudy over Jakarta’s sky, I could enjoy the tea she made for me. It’s like discovering a new flavor of drink that you knew you’ll like it.
So we talked while she was finishing a big portion of dim sum that I brought for her. Family, work, romance. Yes, things which are so normal for two women at age 25 or over. But surprisingly have brought us a lot closer than when we shared the boarding house back at Uni. We have these common: put a smile every time family things get too demanding, accepting minuses from our work place so it won’t bother our productivity, while both of us are in a process of letting go a thing that beyond our reach.
Once she finished the dim sum, well technically I finished it because she won’t eat the cabbage and potato, she offered to watch a dvd with her brand new tiger skin like laptop. First we tried to watch inglorious bastards starred by brad pitt. It only went for 10 minutes when we decided to change the movie coz it is too heavy for a lazy noon. So we saw my sister’s keeper. A family drama movie about dying kid, adorable fighting mother, a handsome dad, a dyslexia brother and a suing youngest. I got so into the movie when I realized that I have plane to catch. So I hurried to sit on a back of ojeg while licking my spongebob ice cream (don’t care no more about dusk, bacteria, viruses flown to my ice cream- I just enjoyed it!) then took a cab and asked the driver to go 100km speed so that I don’t get late.
It was a big plane. Boeing 737-900, a lot bigger than old one of 737-400. It took a little over two hours to get to Makassar. While sweet rain welcoming us at the Sultan Hasanuddin airport, I was glad that the flying went smooth; from take off to the landing. Excellent skill of the pilot! I don’t often experience this with a budget flight.
Then I see my dad and mom at the exit, smiling widely and waving at me. On that second I feel so grateful that my parents are still alive and I could decide to go through from Sumatra to Sulawesi so that I could hug them.. again.

No comments:

Post a Comment