Pages

Sunday, December 27, 2009

my holiday - dec 27, 2009

The plan for today is to go to the mall so I could get connected to the internet and send Abeng’s report. I also need to send some money to pay the laptop I have been using since last month. But at the end of the day, none of those plans were realized, hehe. My mom went for pengajian so I had to take care of the house while she is away. This includes cooking and doing dishes and… well, that’s all basically coz other stuff have been handled by mom before she left for pengajian :p. It is only an hour different between Pekanbaru and Makassar, but on the first day I still experienced jet lag. The night I arrived, it was hard for me to go to bed even if the clock showed 2 a.m. then my mom woke me up at 7 which in my bedroom still looks like it is still 5. I rushed for Subuh pray, wondering if God would still accept that super excessively late pray.

So my dad and I had grilled fish and long been vegetable for the lunch, which tasted soooooo…….. so great. Fresh, simple but healthy. Then I helped my mom cutting some fabrics for her to sew. Yup, mom is a tailor. She owns a very very small business coz her customers are people in the neighborhood. I am happy and proud to tell anyone that my mom is a tailor. Because of her business she and my dad could afford to send their three children to the university. Now when all of us had graduated, she still continue to sewing, no longer to pay our tuition fee, but to keep her occupied when each of her kid live in three different islands: I am in Sumatra, my sista is in Java and my brother is in Papua – while she herself and my dad live in Sulawesi Island. Yep, we are the islanders.

No comments:

Post a Comment